STL Recovery Fun Member Agreement
STL Recovery Fun (STLRF) is a nonprofit organization whose mission is to foster a safe, supportive, physically active community for individuals who are recovering from alcohol and substance abuse and for those who choose to
live a sober life. Through pursuits such as climbing, hiking, running, strength training, yoga, road/mountain biking, socials and other activities, we seek to help our members develop and maintain the emotional strength they need to stay sober.
Persons with at least 48 hours of continuous sobriety are welcome to attend events. Members who attend regularly should be committed to maintaining a sober lifestyle. Our programs are not intended to be a replacement for other forms of treatment, and we encourage members to engage in any and all forms of recovery that suit their individual needs. In the event of relapse, members are welcome and encouraged to return as soon as they have met the minimum sobriety requirement. Members who are or appear to be under the influence of drugs or alcohol will be asked to leave. Supporters and family members should respect the sobriety requirements and community standards when attending STL Recovery Fun events.
By signing this document, you agree to respect and uphold these standards. If you fail to do so, we may ask you not to participate with STL Recovery Fun.
1. STLRF aims to foster a sense of community in a supportive, nurturing environment. At STLRF events, everyone is welcome and active participation in the community is expected. Members must be kind and courteous to one
another at all times.
2. STLRF strives for all of our events to be a physically and emotionally safe space. Behavior that is or could be perceived as violent or threatening is unacceptable. Language or conduct that could be perceived as racist, sexist, homophobic, or otherwise inappropriate will not be tolerated.
3. STLRF is not a dating club. While we do not prohibit dating among members, we ask that members refrain from viewing our events as a place to meet romantic partners. Unwelcome advances, physical contact, and/or
sexually suggestive speech will not be tolerated.
4. STLRF events/activities are tobacco‐free. Smoking is not permitted at or in the proximity of any STLRF event or while taking part in programming (we may make exceptions on multi‐day trips).
5. While children over the age of five are welcome at certain designated events (e.g., Family Programming), STLRF does not provide childcare. Parents/guardians are solely responsible for child supervision. If a child’s behavior creates a distracting or unsafe environment, parents/guardians may be asked to leave with the child.
6. Members are the face of STLRF. By attending our events or wearing STLRF attire, you represent this organization. Please respect our community standards both in terms of sobriety and conduct. In the event of an emergency, please inform a STLRF instructor immediately.
7. STLRF staff and instructors are here to help. Whether you have technical questions, want to find a workout partner, need help finding recovery resources, or have concerns about another member’s conduct, STLRF instructors are available to assist you. We encourage you to approach us with any questions or concerns.
· By selecting “I agree” below, you agree to respect the Community Standards outlined herein. Failure to abide by these standards may result in suspension or termination of your membership. Final judgment on all policy matters is at STL Recovery Fun’s sole discretion.
STL RECOVERY FUN LIABILITY WAIVER
THIS LIABILITY RELEASE, WAIVER AND INDEMNIFICATION AND EXPRESS ASSUMPTION OF RISK (“Waiver”) is executed as of the date set forth below. Please read this Waiver carefully.
FOR GOOD AND VALUABLE CONSIDERATION, including without limitation in consideration of and for being permitted to participate in any and all activities or social events arranged by or otherwise being involved in any way with STL RECOVERY FUN MULTISPORT, INC. and its and affiliates (collectively, STLRF), I, on behalf of myself and my executors, administrators, successors, assigns, insurers, attorneys, spouse, children, heirs, and any other person or entity that could or might act on my behalf (HEREINAFTER “I,” “ME” OR “MY”), agree as follows:
1. I hereby confirm that I have read this Waiver in its entirety. I FULLY UNDERSTAND THAT THIS WAIVER HAS IMPORTANT LEGAL CONSEQUENCES AND THAT THIS WAIVER IS LEGALLY BINDING AND ENFORCEABLE AGAINST ME.
2. I understand that participation in outdoor and indoor programs involves risk. The following is a partial list of the potential risks associated with the activities at STLRF. This list does not include all inherent risks but serves to provide examples and promote an understanding of the risks, any of which could result in damages, loss, injury, illness, mental stress, permanent disability, or even death (HEREINAFTER “INJURY, ILLNESS, LOSS OR
- Complications associated with exposure to weather (including extreme cold, wet or icy conditions, heat, sun, lightning), altitude and physical exertion
- Perils and hazards arising from unintended contact with others, including participants and members of the general public
- Perils and hazards arising from lifting weights or participating in strength training disciplines
- Perils and hazards arising from unintended contact with both natural features such as rocks, trees, plants and animals, as well as man-made features such as curbs, pot-holes and weight training equipment.
- Risk of infectious disease exposure.
I understand that in addition to the risks inherent in all activities at STLRF, more specific risks accompany each type of activity. For example, rock climbing exposes participants to a danger of falling or being injured from falling rock. Indoor activities such as strength training and yoga carry the risk of injury from pulled muscles, being hit by weights and the actions of other participants. Cycling exposes participants to risks of falling, being injured by traffic or other riders or equipment failure. I recognize, understand and assume all the foregoing risks, as well as similar unforeseen risks, and accept personal responsibility for the POTENTIAL OF ANY INJURY, ILLNESS, LOSS OR DEATH resulting from participating in any STLRF activity.
Additionally, STLRF has put in place preventative measures to reduce the spread of COVID-19; however, STLRF cannot guarantee that you will not become infected with COVID-19. Further, attending STL Recovery Fun events could increase your risk of contracting COVID-19.
3. By signing this agreement, I acknowledge the contagious nature of COVID-19 and voluntarily assume the risk that I may be exposed to or infected by COVID-19 by attending STLRF and that such exposure or infection may result in personal injury, illness, permanent disability, and death. I understand that the risk of becoming exposed to or infected by COVID-19 at STL Recovery Fun may result from the actions, omissions, or negligence of
myself and others, including, but not limited to, STLRF employees, volunteers, and program participants.
4. I HEREBY WAIVE, RELEASE DISCHARGE, AND COVENANT NOT TO SUE STLRF or its directors, officers, employees, volunteers, agents, contractors, successors, assigns, or representatives in connection with ANY INJURY,
ILLNESS, LOSS OR DEATH to me or my property which occur during or in connection with any STLRF activities or while participating in any other events or activities STLRF sponsors or co-sponsors or is otherwise involved
with. I AGREE THAT STLRF AND ITS DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, VOLUNTEERS, AGENTS, CONTRACTORS, SUCCESSORS, ASSIGNS, OR REPRESENTATIVES SHALL NOT BE LIABLE IN ANY WAY IN CONNECTION WITH THE ACTIVITIES.
5. I KNOWINGLY, INTENTIONALLY, AND VOLUNTARILY AGREE TO INDEMNIFY, PROTECT, DEFEND, AND HOLD HARMLESS STLRF, from and against any and all lawsuits, actions, claims, damages, costs, fees, liabilities (including attorneys’ fees and costs) arising out of or related to any damages. I assume all the foregoing risks, as well as similar unforeseen risks, and accept personal responsibility for the damages due to ANY INJURY, ILLNESS, LOSS OR DEATH resulting from participating in any STLRF activity.
6. I agree to immediately advise STLRF if I cause any damage or notice damage to any equipment. I agree to abide by all STLRF rules and regulations, infectious disease precautions, and if STLRF or any instructor, guide, coach, or other person working with STLRF makes a specific request of or instruction to me, I agree to immediately comply.
7. I am responsible for my health and it is my responsibility to determine if I am capable of participating in the events I attend. It is my responsibility to alert STLRF staff at the start of an event to any conditions, illness, or limitations I may have that may preclude me from fully participating in an event. STLRF staff are not medical personnel and cannot provide medical advice or opinions, however STLRF staff can offer activity modifications and help you work within your limits to the degree their training permits, however, STLRF is not responsible if you injure yourself. IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS OR CONCERNS ABOUT YOUR ABILITY TO PARTICIPATE IN A STLRF ACTIVITY, PLEASE CONSULT WITH YOUR MEDICAL PROVIDER. I am aware that STLRF will not provide any insurance or benefits to me.
8. I acknowledge and agree that STLRF and the Released Parties may photograph, videotape, or otherwise document my participation in the Activities, and I consent and agree to the same, with the exception if I am participating with STLRF as part of an in-patient treatment program, only for the time I am in this program. If I continue to participate with STLRF at their community events I agree with the aforementioned and hereby give STLRF permission to use my name and likeness for any purpose whatsoever. I acknowledge and agree that STLRF has no control over third party photographs or videotape.
9. I understand STLRF operates as an independent contractor providing services to certain treatment facilities and is not a healthcare provider. If I need healthcare assistance while participating with STLRF, I am responsible for contacting my healthcare provider directly.
10. If and while I am a patient at a substance abuse treatment facility where STLRF is providing programs under contract with such treatment facility, I understand STLRF employees reserve the right to share information regarding me, the patient, to the healthcare team at the facility as STLRF staff in their sole discretion deems necessary and I hereby consent to STLRF employees doing so.
11. During the course of the attending STLRF activities it is possible that participants may discover information related to the background of another participant. In some cases discovery can cause concern especially in the cases of previous violent offenses and sexual offender designation. STLRF does not exclude participants on the basis of previous life experiences and
makes no guarantee as to the actions of participants. Should you have concerns about a participant, or concerns about your safety, please immediately bring those concerns to STLRF staff.
12. I hereby give permission to STLRF to contact me regarding participation in future STLRF research-related studies, fundraising activities, and all other STLRF communications. Giving permission to the to contact me does not obligate me to participate in any way, nor will declining to participate in affect my ability to attend and participate in STLRF events in any way.
13. By selecting the “I Accept” button, you are signing this Agreement electronically. You agree your electronic selection is the legal equivalent of your manual/handwritten signature on this Agreement. By selecting “I Accept” using any device, means or action, you consent to the legally binding terms and conditions of this Agreement.